Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Potato Leek Soup

Last week we got a ginourmous leek in our CSA box, so I decided to try
out a soup recipe that a colleague had shared with me. It was
excellent and super easy. Here is the recipe I loosely followed.

Ingredients:
1 cup butter (I used 1/2 cup)
2 leeks, sliced (I used 1)
salt and pepper to taste
1 quart chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch (I skipped this)
4 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and
diced
2 cups heavy cream (I used 2% milk)

Directions:
1. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook leeks in butter
with salt and pepper until tender, stirring frequently, about 15
minutes.
2. Stir cornstarch into broth and pour broth into pot. Add the
potatoes and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in the
cream, reduce heat and simmer at least 30 minutes, until potatoes are
tender. Season with salt and pepper before serving.

No comments: