Friday, July 22, 2016

Endurance Cookies


As my training is starting to pick back up I've been looking for easy foods to replace the typical bars you grab for on the go. With all of my current food restrictions I've had to get a little creative with recipes. In this case, I modified a lovely recipe from the blog in it 4 the LONG RUN to create a tasty cookie full of superfoods. The texture is somewhere between oatmeal raisin and coconut macaroon. The original recipe is vegan but includes honey/syrup and oats, which are off limits for me. So I replaced the oats with slivered tigernuts and the honey with a whole egg.  The results were a naturally sweet and tasty little nugget.  



INGREDIENTS

1 cup Slivered Tigernuts
1/3 cup of Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1/3 cup Hemp Hearts
1/4 cup Goji Berries
1 T of Chia Seeds
1 t (heaping) cinnamon

1/3 cup Nut Butter
1 egg (next time I might try two)
1/4 cup Coconut or Almond Milk

INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix together dry ingredients. 
In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients. 
Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, stirring to form a dough,
Spoon dough in small balls (I used a tablespoon) onto a greased or parchment lined baking tray.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Store in fridge.

No comments: