Thursday, September 27, 2012

Dressing and Candied Nuts recipes

Here are few recipes I've been meaning to post for quite some time. My favorite dressing recipes for any salad that includes fruit & nuts, as well as a couple of my favorite recipes for candied nuts:

Balsamic Candied Nuts:
1/4c brown sugar
1 T olive oil
1T balsamic
1 c pecans, walnuts etc.

Chile-Spiced Pecans:
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup pecans

Dressings:
Balsamic Vinaigrette
2tsp lemon juice
1 tsp balsamic
1/2 tsp dijon
3 T olive oil

Maple-cider Vinaigrette
3T apple cider vinegar (if you don't have this, just omit it and combine the other 3 ingredients - it's still delicious)
2 T lemon juice
2 T olive oil
1-2 T maple syrup

At a recent visit to Hurd's Orchards, they introduced us to the idea of using preserves in their salad dressings. I recently tried this and it was delicious! I don't know the exact ratios so you'll just have to taste test:
1-2 T favorite preserves (I made this with Peach-pear-pecan preserves from Hurd's)
1-2 T olive oil
1-2 T white wine vinegar
1-2 T maple syrup (depending on how sweet you want it)

No comments: