Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Happy National Pie Day!!! (gluten-free pie crust)

In celebration of National Pie Day, los Coronas had an all pie dinner. First up, gluten free pot pie!  I have to say, I was not at all expecting to find a gluten free pie crust recipe worthy of Doug's pot pie recipe. But much to my surprise, this recipe from King Arthur flour (minus the gel) far surpassed my expectations!  Put that together with a version of Doug's Pot Pie filling and dinner was a hit!!!  Next time I think I'd like to try an all veggie version of this. Oh, and Joel finished it off with some cherry pie for dessert. Pies for everyone!!!
Pot Pie Filling
2 cups pulled rotisserie chicken (because I'm too lazy to cook a turkey)
1 tablespoon King Arthur gluten free flour mix
1 cup petite peas
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup celery chopped
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 teapoon thyme
1 cup chicken stock
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

Toss pulled chicken with flour.
Saute celery and onions in some olive oil. Add salt, pepper, and thyme. Add mushrooms. Saute until browned. Add peas, continue to saute. Add chicken broth.
Pour into 8x8 glass pan. Cover with pie crust. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

No comments: